- Veterans regardless of benefit status get first choice of class selection.
- If you are using VA benefits you are automatically enrolled. If not, please contact Registrar's office with proof of service.
Veterans Designated Housing
- In addition to a housing guarantee for vets, on campus housing exists, dedicated for veterans in Family and Grad Student Housing.
- Openings are on a first come first serve basis. For the upcoming 2016-2017 school year there are 5 openings.
- For more information and to apply please contact email@example.com.
Bruce Lane Memorial Scholarships
- UCSC Retirees Association supports scholarships for veteran students. For the 2015-2016 school year they were able to award nine scholarships, each worth $1,000.
- Students can recieve the scholarhsip up to two times in their time at UCSC.
- Applications are avalible in the fall and the deadline is in early Febuary.
- STARS Provides an additional layer of academic advising and expertise in dealing with the issues of transfer students, student parents, and older students.
VA Benefits Counseling
Textbook Lending Library
- Veterans can borrow from a collection of books donated by other veterans.
- The list of books is located here.
- We take donations at all times. You can drop them off at the VETS center or at STARS or contact the program coordinator to arragne a pick up.
Veteran dedicated programs and social events
VA Work Study
Work up to 25 paid hours per week in a vets center with fellow student veterans, on a veterans focused project of your choice.