Allies and Partners
UCSC VETS Allies and Partners
- Study Abroad
- Disability Resource Center
- UCSC CARE
- The Smith Renaissance Society
- UCSC Retireees Association
- Cabrillo College
How to become a Veteran Ally
1) Have staff from your unit complete veterans cultural competency training. Veterans cultural competency training is a 90 minute program for staff and student staff on how to work with veterans and why it is important to work with veterans. If you would like to schedule a training contact Brian Ragunan or Jesse Silva
2) Have content and programming directed towards veteran students. Our VETS Peer mentors will be happy to assist.
3) Outreach to veteran students, attend our events, subscribe to our newsletter, and provide support to the program as we provide support to our veterans.